Monday, September 29, 2014

Dear family,

Thank you for the packages!! I loved them, especially the blog book :)
I had a wonderful birthday and I got spoiled by my roommates. They
decorated my door and made me a poster that said such wonderful things
and was covered with candy that made the words. They are a creative
bunch, I tell you.

This week has been a whirlwind. SO many emotions and SO many miracles.

First off I chopped most of my hair off. I don't know if I have ever
had so little hair! I wish I could send a picture but these computers
refuse to cooperate. My hair has a lot of "texture" and layers in it
now, which I have found befundling as I try to style it but I really
like it over all. I also got a letter and package from my dear friend
Camryn for my birthday. It included a t-shirt that she had made AND a
wedding announcement! October 11th!! I just can't believe it. She
barely turned 20!! I want to get her a little something. It says they
are registered at Target. Is there any way you could send her
something from me? It is Tyler Scott and Camryn Alston. I would REALLY
appreciate it!!

Last Wednesday, our whole apartment had a crying break down during
companionship studies. Each of them are going through something hard,
and I was the only one who wasn't in tears! (Shocker, I know) We ended
up having an apartment study session where we said a prayer and sang a
couple hymns. And then something really cool happened. The
conversation turned to the Atonement and we each found ourselves
bearing our testimonies of its enabling power. It was a really
powerful moment. Four young missionaries relying on the Atonement. So
often, I think of the Atonement as a way to receive forgiveness, but I
have learned through personal experience that it is so much more than
that. If we let it, the Atonement can carry us, strengthening us to do
some hard thing. It can empower us to do things that are so far beyond
our abilities. I've thought a lot about the Atonement this week and
our Relief Society lesson was on it as well. Someone said that
although the Atonement was more agonizing than we can imagine, that
she believes that Christ felt all the good things we feel too. If He
was to understand us and what we are going through, than He would have
to feel the good as well as the bad. He felt our joys, our triumphs,
and our happiness. Isn't that a cool notion? I believe it is true. The
more that is asked of us from the Lord, the more He gives and I would
think He would want to give His Son all the happiness this world has
ever felt, since the Savior had to give so much.

This week we have found so many new people to teach. The Lord is
really blessing us and we were able to teach quite a few. BLESSINGS. I
am running out of time, but I'll be sure to mention them next week!

I LOVE YOU!!
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment