Dear family,
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! It made me feel extra loved. I LOVE the blog book. I've read it twice and never seem to get tired of it. It's nice to be able to catch up on all the things that I've missed. I can't believe how big the boys have grown. I say that all the time, but they just keep growing!
This week has flown by. Every week seems to get shorter than the last. I will hit my 14th month mark this week!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?? I live with three other sister missionaries and they are all new to the mission. The longest any of them have been out is 3 months! So I'm an outlier (I included that term for Lexi's benefit :)! Something that I am really learning on my mission is the enabling power of the Atonement. Missionary work and the things that I do every day don't change, but my capacity and ability to do them--and to do them well--have changed. Things were hard at the beginning. It took me a time to adjust, but once you do there is no greater happiness than being a missionary. Truly.
We met two men this week, Josh and Greg, who are struggling. They were both raised up in Christian faiths but now are doubting the divinity of Christ. My heart breaks for them. They work during the week and spend their weekends drinking until they pass out. I don't know why they do it. It seems like misery to me, but I think they just want to get away. They want to get away from their lives and their struggles and their pains, and this is the way they were taught to do it growing up. They now have kids of their own and are teaching them the same horrible cycle. If only they could see what the gospel could do for them. If only they could see how they could change if they accept the rights and blessings that comes from being sons of God. I am so grateful that I was born in a home that had the gospel. It could easily have been me that was born into such a chaotic family, and yet it wasn't, and I thank God every day for the live that He has given me.
I love you all so much! Thanks for everything that you do and have done for me!
Until next week,
Sis D
No comments:
Post a Comment