Tuesday, September 16, 2014


Dearest family,
 
Way to go Mom! I'm so proud of you for friendshipping Courtney. It makes such a big difference to the investigator to have a friend and to feel welcome at church!!
 
We met some really cool people this week. We knocked into a man from Iraq. He's lived in America for 40 years, but he still has a bit of an accent. He was SO nice. He had converted to Christianity (he was Muslim before) and knows quite a bit about our church. We couldn't go inside because their wasn't another lady in the house, so we taught him about the Book of Mormon on the porch and answered his questions. He said he would like to learn more and take the lessons! We also met a Bulgarian and a Cuban this week. Both invited us back and both believe in God but not necessarily Jesus Christ. What is so interesting to me is how unique everyone's journey is on this earth. Some people have no trouble accepting the Book of Mormon, and yet struggle with the concept of a modern-day prophet. Others believe in a Supreme being but don't see how an organized religion can have all the truth. The one thing they all seem to have in common is a hurdle that comes before they can know and accept the truth. Looking back on my own conversion, there were times that I had doubts too and yet they always led to a testimony building experience. Each person has to overcome their own hurdles and the missionaries will do all they can but in the end we can't make that jump for them. As a missionary, I feel like I've had a love/hate relationship with agency. When investigators don't act on the spirital witness they've had, it can be frustrating. It is worrisome. And yet I am so grateful to have a Heavenly Father who loves and who trusts us enough to let us choose. I will forever be grateful that I chose to come on a mission. It is easily the best one I have ever made.
 
We were able to see Danie and Bill&Gale Smith this week. These three are our main investigators and I just love them so much! We have a lesson with Danies tonight and are bringing Sister Fletcher with us. When we invited Sister Fletcher, she was SO excited. She is a convert to the church and she feels that her family was sent to South Carolina to be missionaries. I love having a member come to lessons. It really brings the Spirit and strengthens member, missionary, and investigator! If the missionaries aren't taking you all out with them, you should ask to go!! It helps a lot :)
 
Love you!!!!!!
Sister D

No comments:

Post a Comment