Monday, September 8, 2014


Dearest family!
 
Things in Dutch Fork are going great. Sister Bowman is such a quick learner and has adapted to missionary life with so much ease! It did not come that easy to me!! She loves to knock doors and is always trying to improve her contacting. It is really good for me because it makes me try a lot harder too. I can see a big difference in myself. Training brings a lot of memories of my training days back to me. Man. I have come a long way. Something that I noticed this week is how much easier it is for me to just talk to people. I'm far more friendly and talkative now. I know, it's positively shocking...
I love it. I just love people!
 
We knocked into a couple this week, who let us into their home immediately. They didn't even wait for us to introduce ourselves! I love when that happens :) It turns out Dee used to work in the library and she was impressed by all the Elders and how mature and kind they were. She has a high opinion of our church. We introduced the Book of Mormon and read the first part of 3 Nephi 11 with them. They are very involved in their Lutheran church, but were open to learning more. During the lesson, I just felt this need to bear my testimony so I did. It was probably the most simple and fervent testimony that I have ever said.  The Spirit that flooded the room at the moment is indescribable. I learned all over again that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Our mission president said that our greatest converts we will have on our mission is ourselves and I believe it. I have taught the Restoration (without exaggeration) hundreds of times and each time I do I find out it is true all over again. And I learn something new each time! How does that happen?? I keep thinking there is going to be a time when I've learned all there is, and yet someone will say something that puts a different light on the subject and I learn something new!
 
I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church established on the earth once again. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and messenger of the Lord. I know the priesthood is real and that our church has it. I know God answers prayers and the Spirit will be with us as long as we are worthy of it. These things I know!
 
I love you all SO much!
Sis Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment