Dear family,
Sorry I didn't write yesterday! Labor day means the librarians cease laboring so we cease emailing :)
To answer your question: I think my release date is January 22? I know it is in the early 20s of January and I will fly home on aThursday, so whatever day that is. I could probably ask to leave a transfer early, which would mean I would get home December 11th or something like that, but I don't think I am going to do that. I only have 18 months to be a full-time missionary! I don't want to lose a moment! It is rather unfortunate timing, since I will barely miss winter semester....
Thanks for sending me that picture with Sister Borgholthaus! That girl is just hilarious.
I don't even know where to start. So much has happened this week. We had exchanges, so I went to Lexington with Sister Anderson. It is so interesting to see how other missionaries teach and to learn different techniques. It is also fun to see different areas in South Carolina. We taught a ten year old girl on the exchange (She actually ended up getting baptized on Saturday!) about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I haven't taught too many kids on my mission (At least not on their own) and it was really nice because it forced me to teach simply and clearly. Sometimes I have the tendency to go a little too deep and have to reign it in. Basics. It is all about the principles.
We had dinner with the Woodleys. The husband is less-active. We talked about faith and shared Alma 32:21 and Brother Woodley totally opened up. He said that he wished he could just know like everyone else seems to about God and Christ and the gospel. He says he believes that there is a higher power because when he was opening up his real estate business he just started to understand things. He knew the knowledge came from somewhere outside himself, but he doesn't have much of a concept of faith. As we talked about him, the Spirit was really strong. He could sense that he was missing something and he really wants it. He wants to know it is true. He said he joined the church, because he knew it would make his wife happy and he knew that Mormons are good people. He didn't have a spiritual conversion. I felt the Spirit prompt me to promise him that if he reads the Book of Mormon every day for this month than the Lord will make it known to him the gospel is true. He said he would read every day if I did too. Easiest bargain I ever made :)
Also Brother Woodley came to church on Sunday and stayed for all three hours! Whoop! And Amanda Hernandez thanked me for teaching her cousin. She says that she knows she felt the Spirit and knows the church is true. She feels like she will be baptized in Mexico. Amanda was totally crying when she told me this so of course I start to cry. Geesh, the emotions. Anyway it was just really good to hear that I've made a difference in her life! Or better yet the gospel has made that difference!
I love you all! I pray for you every day!
Love,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment