Dear family,
Wow. This week has been crazy hot! I mean the humidity alone... People always assume that I am used to it, being that I am from Texas and all, but there are things that one just cannot get used to. Humidity is one of those things. On the plus side, we had some really cool miracles happen! We had two lessons in particular where the Spirit just went through every heart. So cool. Plus, Sister Bowman invited someone to be baptized for the first time. I didn't even have to prompt her. She just did it! I was so proud. Gosh, I feel like she is a better missionary than I already! We were reading 3 Nephi 11 with Danie, a member referral. She was pretty skeptical about it being the word of God. She's Southern baptist... Anyway after we read it, I asked her how she felt and she said, "I know that really happened. I know this is true." SO COOL. The Book of Mormon softens hearts. It really does. Then Sister Bowman asked her to be baptized. Danie said she had already been baptized (if I had a nickle for everytime we hear this down in the South I could have paid for the entirety of my mission), so we launched into priesthood and basically taught the Restoration. She totally understood it. She is going to read and continue to pray on it. We are actually seeing her tonight, so keep us in your prayers!
I've been studying church history a little bit lately. I'm almost through with the Doctrine and Covenants and just finished "Our Heritage" again. It just amazes me how strong those early Latter-day Saints were in the gospel. They were asked to sacrifice so much and they underwent so much persecution. I feel like my mission "sacrifice" is so pitiful in comparison! People we talk to are always so impressed with the sacrifices we make, but it isn't really much of anything. Sure, I miss you all and my friends, but it is for only 18 months! And I have had so much given to me in return! Testimony building experiences, friendships, converts, a greater depth of understanding, greater knowledge of the scriptures, and a greater understanding of myself. I understand why they call it the "best two years" (or eighteen months!). I really just love being a missionary.
I got a letter from Michael and Mona this week. They are doing really well! They both have callings now!! The sisters are trying to teach Michael's son, so I am excited to see how that pans out. It is so nice to hear how strong they are in the gospel though. I am excited for them to go through the temple next April!!
I love you all so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment