Monday, December 1, 2014


Dearest family,
Happy thanksgiving to you all!! It's a little late, I know :) Sister Robinson and I had a really nice Thanksgiving. We went over to the Maurers and to the Smiths, both of whom had homemade pumpkin pie. So I would consider it an enjoyable and successful Thanksgiving :) Something that they don't tell you at the MTC when you get your missionary tag is that along with setting you apart and making you official, it also is your ticket to be a socially acceptable moocher. (The spelling on that might be a little iffy) People feed us dinner, buy us groceries, give us rides, invite us to crash in on their holidays, etc. I really struggled with it at the beginning of my mission and just wanted to pay everyone back, and it has been a very humbling experience to learn how to accept service. I've had to learn how to take on my mission, when I thought I would be giving for 18 month! Service-both in the giving and the taking- forge deeper relationships and I think it's one of the reasons people just love the missionaries so much and why we love the ward!
Catelyn is progressing really well. We taught her the Plan of Salvation (she LOVED it) and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We came to a baptism on Saturday, and it helped her a lot knowing what her baptism would be like too. She also came to church on Sunday and really loved Young Women's. The Greenville stake is doing trek in a couple weeks and Catelyn wants to participate desperately. I just don't know what to think of this girl! She is so prepared. She has invited all her family and extended family to her baptism and all her friends at school! She is teaching them all about the Book of Mormon, too! She loves the Book of Mormon. She reads every chapter we give her and always has highlights and notes and questions to talk about when we come back. I feel like the Lord is just blessing Sister Robinson and I for all our hard work throughout our missions with Catelyn. I have never met anyone who just understands the gospel. She loves the idea that she has found the straight and narrow path and never wants to leave it. AHHH!
I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting about charity. I didn't get nervous at all for it, which is really weird for me. I didn't write out the talk, but had a notecard with the barest of outlines on it. I really wanted to speak from the heart and let the Spirit guide the talk, and it worked really well! I felt the Spirit so strong the whole time and felt like it was literally telling me exactly what to say. Coolest thing! I learned so much in the preparation for the talk. I reflected on all the many companions that I've had and how some we got along so well and the love came so easy and that for others it was so much more difficult. My mission had helped me know how to love and how to accept love and how to treat the people I love. I feel shame whenever I think about that selfish girl in high school! Thank goodness we can repent and change.
Anyway, I love you all! SO SO MUCH! I am excited to be reunited soon!
Love
Sister Daniels

Side note:  Wanna know what's really cool? During the end of the talk, I looked over at Sister Smith and she gave me the cheesiest grin and two thumbs up just like you used to do! When I talked to her afterwards, she said that she normally doesn't do that but just felt like she should this time! It was such a blessing because it almost felt like you were there with me! (tender mercies)

No comments:

Post a Comment