Tuesday, November 25, 2014


Dear family,
 
This week was much better than last week! Still entirely overwhelmed, but I don't feel like I'm sinking. We had two exchanges this week too and they went really well. I even got to go to institute! One of the companionships we are over works on Clemson University, so we got to walk on campus to the institute room. Oh my goodness did I love being on a campus again. The institute room was in the library, so I was in heaven. There was some recent converts attending institute and they blew me away with their comments. They sounded like they had been members forever! The work is progressing!
 
We also had a service opportunity this week! We got to to go to the Senior Service Center and help serve and host the Thanksgiving lunch they were putting on for the seniors in the community. Elderly people are a hoot, let me tell ya. One guy excitedly proclaimed, "I've got the Mormon girls serving me!" I also had an interesting conversation with a lady who told me never to get married as men were nothing but overbearing. She was the sassiest little thing. We got to meet a lot of people and it softened the hearts of many there. We had a really good conversation with one of the volunteers there about what we do as missionaries. She plans on volunteering there more often and we do to so hopefully something can develop from it!
 
The highlight of the week was Catelyn Henry. She is a 15 year old girl who referred herself on mormon.org. She is seeking for truth and wants to learn about all different religions. Well, we taught her the Restoration and she said something like, "I can't believe the first religion I tried is the true one!" She's agreed to be baptized on December 20th!! She came to stake conference yesterday and has a bunch of questions. She's an inquisitive one for sure and so smart. She's planning on going to Harvard and I can't believe how fast she soaks up the information. She just understands it so easily. Her parents aren't religious but support her and even drove her to stake conference. Her mom will sit it on the lessons so we hope that the Spirit will touch her too! We are teaching them the Plan of Salvation tonight, so please pray that all will be well!
 
I love you all so much!! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!
Love,
 Sis D

No comments:

Post a Comment