Dearest family,
This is the
first week of my last transfer. I honestly don't know how I feel right
now or what I should be feeling. It all feels a bit surreal. (sp?) My
companion is going home and I will be getting a new companion tomorrow,
so maybe it will all feel a little more real then.
We
had such a miraculous week! Yesterday we watched the Christmas
devotional at a part-member's home, the Lynches. They are awesome and
invited us over for Christmas! Anyway, Brother Lynch is less-active but
he came to church yesterday and brought his two daughters! They love
church, especially Primary. Sister Lynch isn't a member and doesn't have
much of a religious background. I think the biggest thing holding her
back is fear. She is always willing to listen to us when we come over to
visit and has opened up a lot more recently, so hopefully we will be
seeing some progress soon! I really love this family. Brother Lynch has a
bigger than life personality so the lessons are always interesting...
Ha!
We also saw Catelyn twice this week. She
is so cute. She made herself a "Mormon folder" that she decorated with
quotes from the prophets and apostles that she got off of Pinterest. She
is progressing really well. One of the Young Women that we have been
bringing to lessons with us bore her testimony on Sunday
about how much she has loved coming to these lessons and how much it
has impacted her life. She wants to go on a mission now! It just feels
so good to see the impact that the spirit can have and the missionary
lessons are just so powerful! I can't imagine not having that on a daily
basis. I take it for granted-- the Spirit that we feel in lessons. I
can't explain what it feels like. I don't have the words, but I don't
ever want to give that up. I know that I will be a visiting teacher
after this, but I don't know if it will ever be the same again. I don't
want to lose the charity I feel for people. I don't want to go back to
where I judged someone based on what they looked like or what they wear.
I want to keep the missionary spirit with me for always! I think if I
keep up the pattern of scripture study, prayer, and going out with the
missionaries that it won't go too far from me! I just love being a
missionary. I really do. Easily the best decision I have ever made.
We
had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) this week. I love working so
closely with President and Sister Turner. I look up to them a lot. They
are revolutionizing the culture of the mission and I just love the
changes they are making. I wish this had happened earlier!! It's fun yet
stressful to put these changes into action. We also have to deliver the
changes to our zone in a way that they understand it and get excited
about it. It's a great growing opportunity. For sure!
I
love you all! I got the Christmas package, but I'm waiting for
Christmas to open them! That was the biggest stocking I have ever seen
in my life!! I guess I've been more nice than naughty this year :)
Love




No comments:
Post a Comment