Dearest family,
Oh my goodness. This has been the most stressful week! On Wednesday, we went to the transfer meeting. I can't describe how it feels at these meetings. All nervous anticipation. Anyway since I knew I was going to be a sister training leader, I had two options: Sister Robinson in Greenville zone and Sister Hart in Lexington. When Sister Robinson's picture came up and before they announced her new companion, I knew she was going to be my companion. Spirit confirms truth. Anyway, it is going to be crazy because she is going home next transfer and I will be going home the transfer after that! It's going to be hard to learn the area that quickly and then teach it to a new companion just as quickly! But I am just going to have to do it! I am serving in Simpsonville 2nd ward, which is in the upstate. I am really excited since I've never served in the upstate! They even have "mountains"! Although they are more like hills when compared to the Rockies... The area is in a bit of a slump. They don't have any investigators right now, but they do have a lot of less-actives that are returning to full-activity. Sister Robinson is very unique. She's a vegetarian and loves Whole Foods and hard candy. She's an artist and was studying painting at BYU Hawaii. She's whipping me into shape! We've done a Jillian Michael's workout video every day this week and I just feel so much better! I LOVE teaching with her. She always has such wonderful insights and I feel the Spirit so strongly. Teaching with her comes really easy. We've only been together for five days and yet we teach so seamlessly together. Such a blessing considering the short time I will be with her!
We taught ten less-actives this week and many came to church! One lady is less-active due to health. Her name is Sister Rankin and she is a hoot! She lives in the nursing home, which we biked to btw. It was all uphill (so as I'm sure you can imagine: my love and admiration for these mountains dimmed significantly). We got there just in time! She needed help mailing her Halloween cards and since she has Parkinsons
we sped up the process quite a bit. We helped her get everything done and then we wheeled her down the hall to the mail drop off. She kept saying, "Faster, faster!" She rewarded us by getting dressed up in her Halloween costume!
we sped up the process quite a bit. We helped her get everything done and then we wheeled her down the hall to the mail drop off. She kept saying, "Faster, faster!" She rewarded us by getting dressed up in her Halloween costume!
Gosh, I love the people here! This area has so much potential and I just want to get to work!
I love you all so much!
Love Sis D

No comments:
Post a Comment