Dearest family,
I want to
apologize in advance for this letter. Transfers are this week and I am
getting transferred, so my list of to dos is getting bigger everytime I
think of it! My mind is going a million miles an hour, so this letter
might be a rambling mess....
Big, BIG changes are on the horizon. President Turner called me Saturday
morning and called me to be a sister training leader (STL)! It's kinda
like a sister zone leader. I don't know quite how I feel about it. I am
excited because it is a huge growing opportunity. I will be able to go
on exchanges with many sisters and get to know them and see different
parts of ole South Carolina, but I'm nervous too. This is a huge
responsibility! I have valued the training I've been given by sister
training leaders in the past and they have had a huge impact on my
mission. I just don't want to mess anyone up!
I've
been thinking a lot about the sister training leader I want to be. I've
also thought about WHY I was called. What have I learned that the Lord
wants me to impart to my fellow sisters? I think the biggest thing I
have learned is to choose happiness. Choose to love being a missionary.
Choose to love the struggle. I think sisters, in particular, beat
themselves up. They compare themselves and their outward results to
others or to their idea of a "perfect missionary" and they just grow
discouraged. I know because I've done that. It doesn't help the work in
the slightest. I think I held back for fear of making a mistake or for
the fear that someone would see my imperfections, but I've just learned
to embrace it. Through experience, I have gained a testimony of the
promise: Who God calls, He qualifies. AMEN.
I got to go on exchanges this week with Sister Brown, my trainer. She is going home this Wednesday
and I am going to miss her! I have never taught so well with any other
companion. Whenever we teach together, I know exactly what she is going
to say and where she is going with it. I know when I need to speak. It
is so easy with her! On the exchange we met a dear woman named Mandy. We
knocked on her door and I offered to say a prayer with her and she
aquiesced to my request. As I said the prayer, she just started crying.
She had gone to the hospital that morning for some pretty scary stuff
and was waiting for the results. She just expressed how much she needed
that prayer. Another cool miracle we saw this week was with a girl named
Sue. We knocked on her door and asked if we could help her. She just
started crying and said, "I had just been praying for someone to come
help me." She was an older woman with no family and really needed help
clearing out her garage. So we helped her and shared a bit of the
Restoration. When we showed her the picture on the Restoration pamphlet
and talked about how much God loves her and how she isn't alone, she
just started crying again! I just LOVE being an instrument in the hands
of the work. I love being an answer to someone's prayer!
I love you guys so much! I find out Wednesday who my new companion is and where I am going!
Love
Sis D

No comments:
Post a Comment