Dearest family,
So much to say and I don't
know where to start! We had MLC (missionary leadership council) this
week. All the zone leaders and the sister training leaders get together
with President Turner and talk about the needs of the nmission and how
to implement new ideas or policies, etc. It was cool to see how
President Turner conducts these meetings. It is basically a five hour
open discussion. He really takes our thoughts and ideas into
consideration, which I think is really neat but a lot of pressure too.
With a new mission president, the mission culture is changing a lot. I
think President Turner is exactly what this mission needed! Anyway, we
took what we learned at MLC and did a training at ZTM about it. It was
harder than I thought it would be to really convey all that the
president had talked about, and I hope we managed it!
We
had the COOLEST miracle happen this week. The Pooles have been sharing
the gospel with their neighbors for almost three years. On Sunday,
they invited us over to their home to teach the first lesson and have
dinner with their neighbors! This is the first time on my whole mission
that a member has referred a friend and actually been involved in the
teaching process. This is what missionary work is supposed to be like!
It just got me so excited to be a member missionary! At first I was
nervous about having a dinner before the lesson, but it actually worked
out really well. It broke the ice and got the Klingers comfortable with
us. When we started teaching the Restoration, the Spirit was so
powerful, especially during the first vision. Brother Poole bore such a
strong testimony about eternal families. The spirit was leading the
whole lesson and I just knew what I needed to say and when. We are going
to start teaching them all the lessons and the Klingers all agreed to
read the Book of Mormon, pray about it, and in essense to investigate
the church. Brother Klinger thinks Joseph Smith was called to be a
prophet! He has been thinking about baptism a lot and has talked to
Brother Poole about it. They both said they would "absoluely" be
baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints if they
find it to be true! They are so elect and so prepared! I am really
excited. We are also going to start to help Sister Klinger paint her
house, so hopefully that will help deepen our relationship with her! I
just feel like the Lord blessed both Sister Robinson and me with this
miracle to teach us at the end of our missions what we need to do when
we go home. I need to develop relationships with people who are not
members. It is going to be way hard, especially in Provo, but I am going
to try! It took the Pooles three years of just being their friends
before they got interested in the church. So my challenge for y'all is
to make some nonmember friends!!! Just think of the difference we can
make in the lives of not only our friends but for their posterity for
years to come! It really strengthens the members too. Sister Poole just
started to cry during the whole thing and thanked us profusely
afterwards. AHH! I am so happy!
We had a less-active come to church, Brother Lynch. He brought his two daughters, and it was the perfect Sunday
for them because it was the Primary program. The theme was "Families
Can be Together Forever" and it was exactly what he needed to hear. His
wife isn't a member but will let us talk to her every time we go by and I
think this program will show him how much he needs this for his entire
family. He even whispered to his daughters, "Next year you'll be up
there too," and then he said he was going to get them some Books of
Mormon!!! We have seen so many blessings lately!!
Something
that our mission is emphasizing is teaching the members the missionary
lessons too! We've taught four active-members the Restoration in the
last couple weeks and we've got quite a few referrrals from it! It also
brings a special spirit into the home and we've had people tell us that
they just love when we come over because of the spirit we bring and that
it STAYS. So my other challenge for y'all (I've got quite a few this
week!) is to invite the missionaries to teach the Restoration for FHE.
It is hard for missionaries to get lessons from 8-9pm so that would be the perfect time to invite them over to teach it. I'm sure the missionaries will be more than happy to do it!
I love you all dearly! I love being a missionary and I love that I will always be a missionary!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment