Monday, November 17, 2014


Dearest family,
 
So much has happened this week and I don't know where to start... We had TWO exchanges this week and it wore me out. I haven't been this stressed or felt this inadequate in a long time. It's been hard. The area and the ward are really big and I am struggling to learn it as fast as I need to. Because we have so many exchanges, I'm not in my area a lot of the time and I fear I will never learn it or develop relationships with my investigators or the members here. I am tired. I feel like I am running on fumes and could probably sleep for three days straight at this point. But on the plus side, I really enjoy getting to know the other sisters and they have taught me some important lessons! On the second exchange of the week, Sister Ramstedt came to Simpsonville with me. We laughed for almost the entire exchange. It was fun and we worked hard and it was exactly what we needed. Whenever I feel like the Lord has asked too much from me or that the task is just too great, He always sends help. 
 
We had another lesson with the Klingers. They invited us and the Pooles over for dinner and we had Cuban beans and rice (it reminded me so much of your rice and beans, Pops!). We taught them the Plan of Salvation and it was amazing to see how their faces lit up when they learned about eternal families and eternal marriages. So powerful. Brother Klinger, especially, wants to believe it is true. They have committed to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it! We will hopefully see them both on Wednesday of this week and on Sunday! Sister Robinson and I did some service for them this week too which was a lot of fun. I helped Sister Klinger paint her hallway and Sister Robinson (the artist and painting major) is painting a tree mural on their wall. It is a great way to develop a relationship with them and to really get to know them! It is cool to see the Lord using Sister Robinson's talents to further the work! She is elated!
 
I love you all SO much and I miss you!
Love,
Sis D 

No comments:

Post a Comment