Monday, August 18, 2014


Dear family,

Sorry this email is getting to you so late! We went to the zoo this morning!! Sister Barlow is the senior sister we live with and she took us. It was one of the best zoos I've ever been to. It was small and only took us a little over an hour to go through and it was shady and we got to feed the giraffes! They have these long, purple-ish tongues. Yup. Crazy stuff. We also bought some nectar to feed the birds and they just flocked to us. I have a ton of pictures but they will have to get to you via snail mail. It was SO much fun. We ended up seeing another group of sister missionaries there! I got to see two of my previous companions, Sister Jackson and Sister Brown. Love them!

Things in Dutch Fork are going great. We had the Restoration with Kim and David and it went really well! I was a little nervous, since Sister Bowman had just learned the Restoration and it would practically be her first, but Kim agreed to pray about being baptized. David wouldn't give us a straight answer although I asked him about four times. We hope to next teach the Plan of Salvation in a member's home. Kim knows one of our members, Sister Waters, pretty well so we are hoping that their testimonies, plus the Spirit in their homes will help them get that spiritual confirmation they need to proceed! I love them dearly though. It reminds me of being with Michael and Mona. Hopefully, we get the same end result!

We have been doing a lot of knocking, which always makes for some interesting encounters. I almost got into my first Bible bash. I've gotten a little more fiesty the longer I've been out, which is not really a good thing. But we did reign it in. Herb is a Methodist and thought it providence to find two unbelievers on his doorstep, so he gave us a Bible (which I totally kept, it being  perfectly mini and the KJV) and tried to teach us the Plan of Salvation (the whole by grace alone we are saved and it doesn't matter what we do gambit). We attempted to teach him our version, but the Spirit wasn't really there since he was definetely on the offense, but we did leave a Plan of Salvation pamphlet so hopefully that will soften his heart. We also met a guy named Tommy. He is very interesting and seemed fascinated with how devoted we are to our religion. He doesn't believe in organized religion, but he said he wouldn't mind learning about ours. That and he said he would teach us how to sail after I'm through with my mission, which seems like an exciting prospect! Yay, southern hospitality!

Well, I love you guys! I love being a missionary!
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment