Thursday, August 7, 2014




OH MY GOODNESS. OH MY GOODNESS. I'M TRAINING THIS TRANSFER.
 
I got a call from President Turner Friday night and he asked me to train this transfer. He said this was the most important and trusted role a missionary could have (no pressure or anything!). I am so nervous, but also really excited. Miracles always happen with trainees and we can always use more miracles! I couldn't go to sleep (at one point Sister Borgholthaus made me take Melatonin since I wouldn't stop talking :) because I kept thinking about my trainee and about my two trainers and all the many companions that I have had and about the kind of trainer that I wanted to be. I feel really inadequate, but at the same time I feel like I am ready now more than any other point on my mission. I have had TWO trainers. Not many people have that experience so I was able to see different people's take on it. I've also had nine companions and have learned a lot from each person. I knelt down and prayed for her and for me and for this area and the weirdest thing happened. I felt this peaceful surge of love for this person whom I have never met and whose name I do not know. I love her already and I am excited to work hard and to help her love being a missionary. I am excited for the growth that will happen to both of us. I am going to learn so much and I hope she will be able to learn a little something from me as well. I hope I won't be too rigid or stressed and yet still on purpose and focused and yet still have fun. I am praying for that balance!
 
Also, I'm getting driving privileges...
WATCH OUT SOUTH CAROLINA!
 
So I need you to send in my driving record from the DVM, please! Also if it isn't too much trouble would you mind sending me some CDs? Sister Borgholthaus is taking her collection with her and I will be music-less. I really like BYU Vocal Point's "Lead Thou Me On". Lower Lights is good too :) Oh and the "Joseph Smith Tribute" from the Nashville Tribute band and anything else you deem proper!
 
I am going to training meetings this Tuesday and then I will get my trainee on Wednesday. We find out where Sister Borgholthaus is going on Wednesday and who her new companion will be. The last few days have been absolute chaos, since Sister Borgholthaus wants to see everyone and say good-bye so we have had some very busy days!
 
Happy early birthday, Mum!!! I love you! I plan on writing a birthday card full of the usual mushy sentiments so it should be there by your birthday! Also, I hope to get the boys each a card too. I didn't know what they would want present-wise since the stinkers never write me so I think I'll just have to make do with a card!
 
Pops and Lou, your kayak trip sounds like fun! Oh it is so happening when I get home. I have been surrounded by water my whole mission and not been able to do anything with it! Oh, the cruel irony....
 
I love you all SO SO much. Pray extra hard for me on Wednesday. We're going to need it :)
Love,
Sis D

No comments:

Post a Comment