Dear family,
Thank you so much for all the letters!! Feeling the love! I also got the CDs and they are wonderful. There is one called "Danish melody" that I just love. I don't understand a word it says, but it sure is pretty! Also, Mom you look fabulous in all of your pictures! It looks like you've lost weight! (Not saying you didn't look fabulous before because you totally did :)
So here's the skinny on the past week:
On Tuesday we had a training meeting for the trainers. Which was way intimidating. President Turner said he told all the trainees that he had given them "the best this mission had to offer" and that we needed to be the best. Yikes! There were five other sister missionaries who are training this transfer too. After the training meeting, we took the new sisters out knocking for two hours. We were randomly assigned, so I didn't go with my actual trainee. I went with Sister Swanson. She was really nervous but really excited and cute too. I made sure to talk to every single person that I saw. Every one was really nice and friendly and we even got into a house! Her name is Darian and she is 23. She has been going through a rough time (boyfriend troubles, geesh) and I think she really took it as a sign from God that our showing up was him telling her He loved her. She was really open and friendly and we are excited to go back and teach her again!
On Wednesday Sister Borgholthaus and I went to transfer meeting to get our new companions. Gosh, I was BEYOND nervous. I kept looking at all the trainees hoping for some kind of inspiration as to who was mine, but alas none came. But that's okay because President Turner let me know soon afterwards. My new companion is Sister Bowman and she is so cute! She is all of 5'1'' and I look like a giant (who knew at 5'6'' I would ever think that??). She is from Colorado and is so much more prepared to be a missionary than I ever was! She has gone out with the sister missionaries in her ward quite a bit and she absolutely loves knocking, which is something I found VERY hard when I first got out. So score on that one since we knock a lot here. Training is so much fun! I love going back to the basics and it has really shown me how far I have come. It is fun to see her grow and to use something that we had practiced in companionship study out in the real world. And boy did we get some miracles this week!
Biggest and most exciting miracle: Kim and David. They are former investigators. Kim had been praying and crying for guidance and then the missionaries knocked on her door. Cool, eh?? So they came to church twice, but didn't have time during the week to take the lessons from the missionaries. Eventually, David said he "missed his sermons" so they stopped coming even though Kim wants to be a member so bad. Well, we stopped by this week and they totally agreed to take the lessons and so we will be teaching the Restoration on Tuesday and I am so excited I can't even tell you!! AHH! They already have a ton of friends in the ward and love the church. So please, please pray that all will go well and that they will feel the Spirit crazy strong and a miracle will ensue!
I love you guys with my whole heart! I love being a missionary!
Love,
Sis D
No comments:
Post a Comment