Hey y'all,
I got your handwritten letters! They are so cute! I think it is funny that both had bikes on them :)
We seem to FINALLY be getting out of our little slump. We are working with some really cool people that have a lot of potential. PLUS, I got a chance to help my past companion Sister Gearheart this week. She works in the Charleston YSA ward, so we give her referrals for all the young, single people we find. Anyway, we were in North Charleston for a meeting and we had a little free time after interviews with the President so we went knocking. We went to this one area and it just didn't feel right to me. So we left and turned on a different street and BAM the first house we knocked was Brandy who is a college girl home for the weekend. We had a super lesson with her and referred her to the YSA sisters. We got a call later this week that she is being baptized in the next couple weeks and that she is super solid!!! It was such a tender mercy of the Lord. I wasn't able to teach her, but I was able to find her. People are always talking about how we plant a lot of seeds that we don't even realize, but it was so nice to be able to see that someone got to harvest the seed Sister Stanley and I planted! I am really excited about Brandy. She is such a sweet girl. She has such potential. She is young and joining the church will forever change her life. She can get married in the temple, raise her kids in a gospel-centered home, and be a pioneer in her own family. AHH!
We are working with a man named Larry Serrano. I don't know if I've mentioned him before... But we taught him the plan of salvation with the Second Counselor, Brother Egbert, this week. The Spirit was really strong and Brother Egbert shared a powerful testimony. The lesson applied so perfectly to him, since his sister for the past few weeks has been dying of liver cancer. A few hours after we left we got a voicemail from Larry. His sister had just passed away and he wanted to say how grateful he was for us and that our message brought him a lot of comfort. I know that the Lord's timing is perfect. I think the plan of salvation gave Larry the strength he needed to face his sister's death. I have always been taught the pan of salvation, and I foolishly take that knowledge for granted.
We had lunch with the Messervys this last week. Brother Messervy lives right on Clark Sound, which is a body of water that connects to the ocean. Anyway he took us out on the dock and we got to feed pizza crusts to sea gulls. It was a lot of fun! I really loved seeing the change come over Brother Messervy. He just came alive; Brother Messervy is definitely a seaman at heart. He is a less-active that we have been trying to help, and I am somewhat at a loss of what to do to help him. He has some doubts, but I don't think that those are the source of his inactivity. I just want to help him so bad, but I just don't know what he needs! Why must people be so complex?!?
Sister Stanley and I saved up our miles all month to do to Edisto Island. It is a solid hour drive to Edisto and I have never been there, even though it is in our area. We also tried a bunch of less-actives on the way down and we had no luck! Less-active after less-active were not home or they had moved away. Sister Stanley and I were very disappointed! It took up so much time and we didn't seem to do any good, but the Lord blessed us at the end. The very last less-active that we tried was home. MIRACLE! He said missionaries had never come to visit him, even though he had lived in Edisto for the last 20 years. He was a really friendly guy and had a high opinion of the church and the beginning of a testimony, but he just won't do the hour and fifteen minutes drive to church. I hope that our meeting reminded him of the truth he once knew though.
I love you all so much. I know the gospel is true and I know that with all my heart. I know that the gospel unites families forever and I am so grateful for that knowledge!
Sis D
I don't know if you get to see the comments made on your blog Sister Daniels, but I just love to read your letters and hear all about the people you meet and how you have seen just how important it is to love all people no matter what and to just be kind to everyone. Something I needed to be reminded of again:) Love you so much and am so very proud of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Bobo :)