Dear family,
President Holm called us Saturday morning during studies. Always a nerve racking experience. Anyway he told me I didn't get my visa which is something I already knew, but he asked me if I wanted to stay in Charleston with Sister Stanley for another transfer in case I got my visa or if I wanted a change. He actually asked me if I wanted to be transferred! That's unheard of! I told him about Sister Matheson changing her mission to Los Angeles. I asked him if that was an option for me, and he said it was.
Now came the moment of decision.
I had thought and prayed a lot about changing my mission this past week. No answer seemed to becoming to me and I resigned myself to waiting for a visa that may never come. In essence, I had made the decision not to make a decision. I had no intention of telling President that I wanted to stay in South Carolina.
And yet that is exactly what I did.
I can't even explain it. It just slipped out during our conversation, and when it did a flood of peace and happiness came into my heart. I was giddy and I couldn't stop smiling. I felt like my world that had been tilted for so long was suddenly made right. The cool thing is that President had felt the same thing, but he hadn't asked me because he didn't want to influence my decision. When he called he seemed perplexed as to what to do with me, and this is why. Now the change isn't official yet, because it has to be approved by the Twelve first, but I'm considering myself an SCCM missionary only :)
Also, I am getting transferred so I am leaving my beloved Charleston! It was hard to say good-bye to everyone on Sunday, and tonight I am going to teach Michael and Mona for the last time. Boy, I am going to miss them! We find out Wednesday where I am going and who I will be with. I get so nervous for every transfer meeting. It's like a box of chocolates and you never know what you're going to get. I'll have to send you a picture of me and the new companion next week :)
We had exchanges this week, so I went to Summerville with Sister Glauser. The coolest thing about the exchange was the lesson with Kitt and Allison, who are both deaf. Sister Glauser and Sister Willis have been learning sign language to communicate with them! Kitt has been coming to church for nine months! He wants to get baptized, but couldn't because he lived with Allison and they weren't married. They are separating now though so he is getting baptized! Anyway a member drove four hours-FOUR- to help teach and interpret. She was fluent in sign language and it was so cool to watch them "speak" to one another. It was a beautiful thing to see and something I would love to learn. It is so cool that the Spirit doesn't need words to communicate with us. It can speak with all of us. I think one of the greatest lessons we can ever learn in this life is how and when it speaks to us.
We had a really cool lesson with an investigator named Mr. Kline this week. He is an old gentleman who is really knowledgeable about history. It was a really wonderful lesson. We taught the Restoration and I tried so hard to follow the Spirit. I was praying the whole time. I really tried to relate it to him and to include the member we brought with us. And I felt so much love for this old gentleman! The Spirit was incredible. Sister Ross said some ultra inspired things and made comments without us asking her a direct question. She has come such a long way! The first time she came out with us she was really nervous, but now she is a powerhouse missionary! I guess we have improved a lot too, because Sister Ross commented on what great teachers we have become. I have been in Charleston for six months, so I was bound to improve!
Sis Daniels and Sis Glauser.

No comments:
Post a Comment