Dear family,
We had transfers this past Wednesday. I am now serving in Dutch Fork ward (Irmo is the city), which is right by the mission president. He is only about ten minutes away! I hope that means I will be able to get to know the new mission president really well. President Turner comes in today and is doing a "President's Tour" throughout the mission. We should be meeting him on Thursday. He is an English major; I am so psyched! I hope he quotes a gazillion books :)
My new companion is Sister Borgolthaus. She is CRAZY! But I love it! She talks a million miles an hour and has the most entertaining stories. Her life needs to be made into a movie. She has lived all over the world. A few of the places are Bangladesh, Chad (Africa), London, Cambodia, and Ireland. Basically, she has visited or lived in every place except China, Rome, and Brazil. She is way good for me, because she is going to demolish any comfort zone I have left :)
We also live with another set of sisters, Sister Derrick and Sister Clark. Sister Derrick is basically my twin. We like all of the same things, especially in the book department. She is training Sister Clark who just came into the field this week. She doesn't even act like a new missionary! She is awesome and we are having a BLAST! This is the first time that I've been able to live with another companionship and I love it. We also live with a senior missionary, Sister Barlow. She is darling and works in the office.
The Dutch Fork ward is very different from my previous areas. There is very few less-actives. In fact, it has the highest percentage of actives in the whole state of South Carolina! So we work mostly with active members and the people we have found knocking. It is also the most wealthy area that I've served in yet. Most of the houses are HUGE and everyone lives on the lake, so they all have docks and boats and other such things. It is a very pretty area and I love it!
We found out yesterday that there is a girl who isn't a member, but has been coming to church with her husband. She is Brazilian and speaks very little English! Her husband is a member and grew up in Brazil, but will soon be leaving for Harvard soon. Anyway, we hope that we will be able to teach her! Maybe this is why I learned Portuguese! I don't think I have ever spoken to a native Brazilian so I hope I am able to understand her even with the accent.
I love you all! I am so proud of you Lexi for being a missionary. That is awesome! I actually do have a lot of pictures to send to you all, but the computers in this new area won't let me. I think I'll print some off at Wal-mart and send them to you that way though.
The church is true. God is our Heavenly Father and this is His work. These things I know!
Love you,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment