Dear family,
Since the library is closed, I am writing this email on an iPad. It has been a long time since I've held one of these! Unfortunately my typing is a lot slower so I hope I have the time to fill you in on everything!
Missions don't do that.
Missions do not make the imperfect, perfect. And that's okay because I improve every day. I am progressing! And that is a pretty exciting thing. I still lose my temper and my patience, often times with myself. I still have days when I wish I could sleep in at least until 7. There are still times that I have no idea what to say. But I have come so far! The change has happened so gradually that I hadn't even noticed until I read some of my journal entries from a couple of months ago.
Anyways.
We had a busy, busy week. The Elders' investigators got married and the baptized. ON THE SAME DAY. The poor relief society president and compassionate service committee had their work cut out for them! President Holm performed the marriage ceremony. He also gave us permission to help Sierra get ready for the big day. Sister Stanley was in charge of her hair. I was in charge of assembling and attaching her train. ME. The train was made up of burlap, lace, and this silk fabric. I had to tie the thing into a bow on her back. I was so scared I would mess it up! All I could think is, "What would Ginger do?" which was quickly followed by, "I wish Ginger was here!" But it turned out pretty well. I was just impressed with Sierra's ingenuity. They didn't have much funds, so she used a beach cover up as her dress. I couldn't even tell!
It was really exciting to see them change their lives for the gospel and I'm grateful that we have been able to be a part of their journey. The wedding was great and all but all I could think was, "This would not be my wedding." President Holm must have been thinking the same thing because he pulled us aside and said something like this: "You will be married in the right place to the right person at the right time and with the right authority." AMEN PRESIDENT. Their wedding just seemed so devoid of.... I can't think of the right word. I guess eternity? It just seemed so temporary. I can't explain it.
I love you all! The mail has been super slow lately so I haven't received any of your letters yet but hopefully soon! Pops, you asked if I had any inspiration about my career and I think that I have! I'll write you a handwritten letter about it.
Love,
Sis D
No comments:
Post a Comment