Thank you SO much for the care packages, handwritten letters, AND emails. I feel so blessed! Definitely feeling the love, so thank you!! The best thing about being this close to the mission office is we get our mail the very day it comes in! No more long waits :) I love the journal and have turned it into my gratitude journal. I am writing one thing I am grateful for every day. I think this will help me see the tender mercies and small miracles that I receive every day. I LOVE the bracelet you made, Lou! My companion did too :)
We got to meet President and Sister Turner this week. Sister Turner is hilarious and President Turner has this dry sense of humor that I just love. They both seem overwhelmed, which is understandable. There isn't exactly a how to book to be a mission president and it is probably very different from anything else they have ever done. They are really humble about the whole thing and have such an earnest desire for the work and to magnify their calling. We had interviews with President Turner yesterday. I was the fourth one he ever did! It was more of a get-to-know-you meeting rather than the typical interview. We talked a little bit about the whole visa/mission change thing, but the thing that stood out to me the most was what he said at the end. He said, "You seem very happy." And he seemed kind of suprised and relieved to find me so. I hadn't really thought too much about it, but his comment made me realize that I am happy. I am very, very happy. I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! You bet I'm happy! I get to be a missionary and do hard things and develop relationships with people I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise. I get to hear the testimonies of members and nonmembers alike and share my own every day. I am loved by Sister Borgholthaus, Clark, and Derrick. I have the love and support from you all. And most importantly I feel like my Father in Heaven is proud of me. I was reading this morning in 2 Nephi 5 and I found this little gem. Verse 27 says, "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." I just love that concept. I am living after the manner of happiness.
Sorry this email is such a short one! I just want you to know that I love y'all. A lot. "3 cubits and a span" lot :)
Love,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment