Monday, February 3, 2014


Tell Brittany congratulations! That is so exciting! When does she go to the MTC?
 
Since last Sunday was Stake Conference, yesterday was my first Sunday in my new ward. I love it! The people here have really taken the "hastening the work" message from our prophet to heart. They are asking to come out with us and are even giving us the names of their family and friends who may be interested! It is a relatively young ward. Most of the people here are dental or medical students and have young families. It is so very different from my last little elderly branch. I am just so happy to be here. I love Charleston and want to move back here! You should retire here, Pops :) There is a family here, the Michaelsons, who remind me so much of our family! The Dad is on the high council and the mom is the Relief Society president. They also have four kids, two boys and two girls. They also have a son who is my age out on a mission and get this..He is a Brazil visa waiter too! MIND BLOWN.
 
We actually had SNOW! We couldn't drive, since there was ice on the road. The good news is that no one else could travel either! Since everyone was home, we got to meet a lot of people and some invited us to come back and teach them. I am really excited for an Argentinian that we met. Her name is Eugenia. <--- The spelling of which is a little iffy. At first she wasn't interested, but we were just friendly and kept talking to her. She has recently gone through a divorce and it has really shaken her faith in Christ. We helped her bring in logs for a fire and she opened up a lot. She said that we were welcome back anytime and that we could share a message with her! Her name keeps coming to my mind and I think that is the Lord's way of showing me that she is ready now and that I better not forget about her!
 
This week was a veritable roller coaster. We had ups and downs. I am the senior companion now and I am feeling the pressure! It is a lot of responsibility and sometimes I think the weight of it all will just about crush me. Sometimes I feel like I am really just not cut out for this, and yet there are other times I feel like I was exactly who I needed to be for that person and that time. I know that God puts us in different situations to learn and to grow, but it is often a very difficult process! I know that He is strenghtening me though. He really is. I couldn't do this, if He wasn't. I look back at the girl I was in high school and try to imagine her out here and I don't think she would have made it. I know with absolute assurance that God will qualify us for the work He has called us to perform. 
 
I love you all! I hope your heater starts working Dad! I appreciate the scroll. I really love those. I also loved your story of Chrissy. So funny! Good luck with school Mom. I know conversions are sometimes a little tricky, but once it clicks you will have it forever. I love that idea of a veil that covers the imperfections and sins of others. So true! 
 
Love, 
Sister Daniels  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Sister Daniels' letters!! They are so uplifting and give me peace and hope for our children and this world! Love you Morgy Girl:) (This will say it's from Jakey Juice but that's because he's using my email;) Love, Bozie

    ReplyDelete