Dear family,
This has been an amazing week! Michael, the less-active that we have been working with and his wife, Mona, came to church! Dorothy, another investigator, also came! It was such a tender mercy from the Lord. This area hadn't had an investigator come to church for months and we had two in one day! SO HAPPY! We brought one of our ward missionaries to a lesson with Michael and Mona and it was just incredible! His testimony was so strong and it just pierced Michael's heart. It was so cool to see Michael's cynicism and hesitation completely melt away. He felt the Spirit. I know he did and I think it might have been the first time in his life that he has actually recognized it. I just know that Michael is going to come back into full activity. I just know that Mona is going to be baptized. I pray for it constantly. I've never wanted anything so badly in my whole life. I just hope that the Lord will let me be there for that happy day!
I know that we always say that families can be together forever. I've sung about that principle since Primary. We talk about it in probably every church meeting. It is included in everyone's testimony. I knew it in my mind, but I did not know it in my heart until this week. We were talking to someone who said that although her religion did not teach this, she felt that her family was in someway connected and that when she died they would all be there to welcome her into heaven and that they would be a family again. In that moment, it clicked. The phrase, "Families can be together forever," made it from my head to my heart in a matter of seconds. I bore my testimony to her about temples and how we can be together forever. It was one of the strongest and truest testimonies I have ever said. I know that we will be together forever. I know that the love that we have for each other and the bonds that we have forged is more powerful than the bonds of death, because of Christ and of the temple. I am so grateful that you were married in the temple and that you are both still worthy to go to the temple. I love you so much and am so grateful for your example!
We are going to downton Charleston today with Dorothy. I am so excited! Unfortunately, I cannot find my camera's battery charger. I am abslutely devastated that I won't get pictures of this...I know this is a huge burden, but could you send me another one? There is so much I want to document!
I am just so happy! I really just love my life. I love feeling the Spirit all the time. I love that I get to witness others feel the Spirit too and watch it prick their hearts. It is incredible. I love you all and I am so grateful that we can be together forever.
Love,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment