Dear family,
One of the best things about being a missionary: we get to answer people's prayers! One of the members in our ward, Sister Ross, had prayed that she would be able to serve someone that day. She didn't know how the Lord was going to do it, because she was staying home alone all day. Then we showed up! We didn't have a dinner appointment, so she offered to whip something up. She told us afterwards that she had prayed for the opportunity to serve and that the Lord had given it to her. Isn't that so cool?? I know that God does answer prayers. Even if what we pray for is small :) I read Mosiah 26 today. "Alma was troubled in the spirit" because some of the people of the church had become wicked so "he went and inquired of the Lord." It was only "after he had poured out his whole soul to God" that "the voice of the Lord came to him." I just love this example. Prayer is not always easy. It requires our whole heart and soul, but if we can learn to pray, truly pray, than I don't think the devil will have even the slimmest of holds on us. Prayer is powerful. There is a great difference between the investigators that solely reads from the Book of Mormon and those who have coupled their study with prayer. The investigators, like Mona, who are praying and studying diligently are the ones who receive their answer.
Michael and Mona came to church for the third time in a row!! SO HAPPY. The whole ward has introduced themselves and I think that Michael and Mona are beginning to feel like they are a part of it. We finished teaching the Plan of Salvation this week, and Mona LOVES it. She says that it is what she has always believed, but she had just never seen it in writing until she read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet. She really loves that there are three kingdoms of glory. AHH! I just love them so much! We are planning to invite her to be baptized again this week, so please pray for her and for us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS! You ole man you :) That t-shirt Lexi sent sounds hilarious! Unfortunately, my knowledge of guns and their variety is painfully minimal. Practically nil. So I might have missed a few of the jokes... Anyway I love you Dad! I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I am so grateful for all that you have done and continue to do for me. I admire you for the man you are and for the father that you have been. Mom sure picked a good one :) Te amo, Pai!
I love you all!
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment