Dear family,
Well, I am sure this will come as a surprise to you, but I did not get
my visa. Which means (drum roll please) I will be in South Carolina
for at least six more weeks!!! I couldn't be more happy! I have been
praying for this all week! I just can't leave until Mona is baptized
and Michael is back into full activity. I have a work still here to
do!
Michael and Mona came to church again this week and stayed for all
three hours this time! Guys, I am so excited for them. SO EXCITED! I
just love them like crazy and it is so cool to see them change as they
learn and act on our message. It turns out that Mona has been talking
to Michael about being baptized! She was considering it before we even
invited her! Now, THAT is a golden investigator :) She says that she
wants to learn more first, before she commits to a date. We brought a
couple with us to a lessons and they totally hit it off! They are
really good friends now and Sister Combes keeps calling and inviting
Mona to different church activities. It is just so perfect! The
Combes are introducing them to everyone in the ward and taking them to
their different classes. Member work is the way to go!
I am so excited for y'all's missionary bags! I am really proud of you!
It is the best way to do missioanry work. It really is. I like
tracting, but it just doesn't bring the same results. At least not
here in the states!
We were on "lock down" on Wednesday. I guess the weather must have
been pretty bad. We were fortunate and didn't lose any power or heat.
We spent the whole day inside and it was the LONGEST day of my
mission. I was just bored stiff! I did a lot of reading and studying
though, which was nice, but I learned that I would much rather go out
and work. I guess I've changed a bit. Maybe I won't want to stay in
and read and read anymore, Pops. Maybe.... :)
I was reading the "Fourth Missionary" again. It said, "...the critical
question is 'Who are you and who are you becoming?'" As I pondered
this, I had the hardest time coming up with an answer! Honestly, I
don't really know who I am anymore! My personality seems to be
changing all the time. Things I thought were a concrete part of who I
am--or at least thought that I was--don't really apply to me anymore!
And yet other times I feel like I haven't changed at all and that I am
still the same old me with the same old weaknesses. I just can't
figure it out. I've asked every companion what their perception is of
me and every single one says something different. ????
If you had to describe me, what would you say? Y'all have to know me
better than anyone! I have a feeling that I am just going to have to
figure it out, but it would be nice to have your input!
I love you all and pray for you all the time!
Love,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment