Dear family,
I was emergency transferred this week to Charleston, South Carolina!! One of the sisters had to go home for medical reasons, so President Holm sent me to replace her. I can't believe that I get to serve in Charleston. It was a hidden dream of mine that I would be sent there, but I didn't think it would happen. Oh me of little faith!! What a tender mercy of the Lord that I get to serve in this wonderful city. We actually live and work on an island! We live on James Island and work in Johns Island too. It is so beautiful down here. There are beautiful plantation homes and those pretty aisles of trees that have Spanish moss hanging from them. So picturesque. Hopefully, it will motivate me to take more pictures :) It is so very different from my last area. It is a ward of about 350 active members and most of the people who live here are very wealthy. We have met some really nice people, but some aren't so nice. It is so interesting to me that many of those who are successful financially are the ones who are a little bit mean. It is so sad, because they are concerned about the wrong mansions! This one on the earth doesn't mean a thing! But I love my new area. There is so much potential. We are working with a less-active, Michael, and his nonmember wife, Mona. They are really sweet and I just know that the Lord is leading them back to His fold. Mona really wants to be in church, but she won't go without Michael. Michael is a bit stubborn, but I think we will get him in the end! So please keep Michael and Mona in your prayers!
My new companions is Sister Davis. She is really so sweet and just smiles all the time. She is from Nephi (who knew there was such a place!) and is straight out of high school. She is so enthusiastic and I think we are just going to have a blast. She said that she is grateful for my easy going nature and that I don't get stressed about things.
??????????
I guess I have changed more than I thought! :)
I love you all so much. I look forward to your letters every week, and I am so excited that I got a letter from Caden! I'll have to write him a handwritten one, but it will be there soon! Oh! Can you all do me a favor? Can you send me a list of things to do in Charleston? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I don't want to miss anything!
Love,
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment