Monday, March 3, 2014


Dear family,
This was our service project. We delievered "Bags for Life" to underpriviledged children. Each bag contains a bunch of goodies

This is me and my itty, bitty desk in Marion. Needless to say, my love of all things mini has depreciated. Drastically.


Sister Stout and I! I find it a bit disconcerting that I look like a monkey...

This week has been a really great one (besides this rather discouraging news about my visa that is :) . Our mission had a month long fast in February and the Lord is just pouring out the blessings because of it! Every day of February some companionship in South Carolina would fast, so that someone was fasting every day. It was really cool experience and so powerful!
We had some extra miles this month (never happens!) so we went down to Folly Beach to check on some less-actives. They lived right on the beach! I could see the ocean. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect, all breezy and sunny. I absolutely love Charleston! I am so grateful that the Lord sent me here. If you all are looking for a vacation spot, I think I might have found a good one :) 
We met a new family this week. They are a really cute couple named Chad and Erin. They have three adorable kids. They just look Mormon! It was cool, because we didn't follow the usual first lesson approach. We just followed the Spirit and by the end of the lesson they both agreed that they want to take all the lessons! What is so incredible is that they let us into their home because Chad had a friend who married a Mormon and she was really nice. It just goes to show how powerful our example can be! It one of the best missionary tools that there is!  
Michael and Mona are progressing really well. Mona says that she still wants to learn more before she is baptized (GAH!) but that she plans on coming to church for the rest of forever. At least it's a start! I've never loved any investigators this much. They are so special. The day of Mona's baptism will be the happiest day of my life!
 I haven't gotten the Valentine's Day package yet! It is still at the mission office. I guess if you mail it priority mail they can forward it to my address, but any other way it has to sit there until someone can bring it down. I am looking forward to getting it though! I have had a rough bout of homesickness the last few days and it would definitely cheer me up :) 
I love you all! 
Sister Daniels  

No comments:

Post a Comment