Tuesday, November 12, 2013


Dear family,
 
Since yesterday was Veteran's day, the library was closed and I couldn't email you.I hope you didn't get too worried! I'm sorry about the visa fiasco. Especially since I'm not there to help! It may not seem like it, but the fact that they are asking for another police report is a good sign. Everyone who has gotten their visa was asked to submit another police report. It means that they are working on my visa! I love South Carolina, but I also really want to go to Brazil. It is my mission too so hopefully I can manage to get there!
 
I am so proud of Caden! That must have been so hard. What a trooper! His predicament had me crying in the library. I don't think anyone noticed though... His attitude about the whole thing was just incredible. I look up to him more than I'm sure he ever looked up to me! There is a reason he is our little Nephi :) Tell him I love him and am so proud of him!
 
Our little home has been taken over...by LADY BUGS! They are on the floor, on the walls, on the windows, and on the ceiling! We have no idea what is going on. It's better than the massive-centipede that nearly fell on me in the shower. I am pleased to report that I did not scream as this disgusting creature fell from the ceiling to join me in the shower. This mission is making me one tough cookie :)    
Although it makes one wonder what awaits me in Brazil, if THIS is what is in South Carolina!
 
On a more serious note: we had one of our recent converts pass away. He was baptized a couple of weeks before I got here, but we spent a lot of time with him and I had gotten to know him really well. His name was Brother Laddie Barr. It was so hard to continue doing missionary work the night we found out. I really just wanted to curl up in a ball on my bed and have a good cry, but we couldn't. We stayed out knocking doors despite the tearstained faces. Missions are sometimes really hard, but the good moments far outweigh the bad. President Harvey had requested that we ask his mother for permission to do his temple work. Terrifying? A daunting task? YES! We were so nervous, since she isn't a member. This had eternal significance and we were terrified that we would mess it up! We prayed a lot and practiced what we wanted to say. We went to her house and it was packed full of family and friends. I got even more nervous. How were we supposed to ask and explain in front of all these people?! God was helping us though as we explained briefly and simply about the temple. We mostly stated it was a continuation of the promises we made at baptism and left it at that! The best part is that all his sisters and his mother gave their permission! What a miracle! The Spirit was so strong as we talked about temples. The whole house just quieted down and Sister Barr even reached over and held Sister Brown's hand. The Spirit brings miracles every time!
 
We had the opportunity to participate in "Cooks for Christ," a local charity that raises money for someone in the community who desperately needs it. We helped dish our the chicken bog, a South Carolina "delicacy" that I actually like quite a bit! It was so much fun. We got to meet a lot of people and tell them who we were and who we represent. It was wonderful to see the hearts of the people in Latta just open up to us! We are becoming known throughout the community, and more and more people are inviting us into their homes!
 
I love you guys so much! I pray for y'all morning and night and often during the day, too! Can you tell Dean and his family, Ellie, Grandma Daniels, and Grandma Merrill that I got their letters and that they should receive one from me within the next couple weeks? And that I was really grateful for every single one of them! Can you send me Lexi's address? I have her birthday package, but have no idea where to send it too! I did buy a coat and gloves, so I should be good! I couldn't find any boots that I liked, but those hideous brown practical shoes should work just fine :) Oh and the blog is fine. I was thinking more about it this week and it's good with me, as long as it is private and the list of people who can see it is very limited!
 
Love,
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment