Monday, October 21, 2013

Week Seven


Dear family,
 
Yesterday was my first Sunday in my new branch. It is tiny. It makes our ward in Rosepine look huge! I love it though. It has a lot of personality. We had a Fall Festival on Saturday, which we got to go to! It was a great way to get to know the people in the ward and the members took President Monson's challenge to heart and brought nonmember friends!
 
Sister Brown, my new companion, is fantastic! She is such a hard-worker and has really helped me improve as a missionary. She really loves exercise, so she drags me out to run nearly every morning. We run around a graveyard! I keep envisioning the convict from Great Expectations to appear, but alas he and his money are refusing to make an appearance ;)
 
We had a heart-breaking moment this week. The Horne family dropped us. I was completely devastated. They seemed so elect! I didn't know it would hurt so bad to be dropped. I had loved that family and envisioned them all dressed in white at the baptism and at the temple. I know how important this is for salvation and to hear someone say that "We aren't interested" is the worst thing that has happened on my mission so far. I was so dejected all night--thinking about what I could have done or said differently. I know I shouldn't but I couldn't help but think it was my fault. Sister Brown cheered me up though. I am so lucky to have her! The Lord blessed us with a miracle moment the next night. We had already made plans to visit another city in Lake View, but the Lord had a different idea! He sent over Sister Weatherford, who was positively certain that she made a dinner appointment with us (she didn't!), so we scratched our plans and decided to stay here so we could do out with the Weatherfords. We had the most amazing lesson with Dottie and Larry Walter! We met them after being chased by that dog, remember? We taught them the Restoration. Larry who was reclined and appeared to be only partially paying attention at the beginning of the lesson was at the edge of the couch by the time we got to the First Vision! Dottie said the prayer, asking if Joseph Smith was a prophet. She said she wanted to know with "all her heart, mind, and soul!" The Spirit was so strong during that lesson! I think I felt the Spirit more strongly in this lesson than in any other lesson on my mission and I think they felt it too!
 
Sister Weatherford is the Relief Society president, who lives right down the road. She takes care of us missionaries! Our phone wasn't working this week. It wouldn't receive texts or calls and we couldn't call or text anyone. I guess the Elders got worried and called Sister Weatherford, who rushed to our house immediately to make sure we were okay. She even gave us her husband's phone to use, until ours was fixed! I just thought I would share this in case Mom ever gets worried about me :)
 
I loved Lexi's video! I am glad that she is having so much fun. Gosh, I miss that girl!
 
Pops, I loved the poem, "If." It is one of my favorites. I am quite the fan of Rudyard Kipling :) I am glad your job is a little more relaxing!
 
Mom, I love personality tests! I remember that mine changed in college, but I can't remember which one it is. Introvert was definitely a part of my personality both times :) It hasn't gotten in the way of being a missionary. I know the Lord has strengthened me in order to bear the mantle of being a missionary! I don't get nervous to talk to people or anything! Now that is a miracle!
 
Love you all!
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment