Monday, May 5, 2014


Dear family,
 
This has been a wonderful week! I have really learned the importance of following spiritual promptings. {Side note: The Lord is constantly teaching me this particular lesson on my mission. I think it is THE lesson we learn on our missions} We were working in one area, when a name of a potential kept coming to my mind. I ignored it, because he was so far away and it just didn't make sense to use the miles, but the name kept coming. I told Sister Stanley and off we went to go see Larry. We had met him a couple weeks ago and gave him a Book of Mormon. He is so elect! He was happy to see us, had read from the Book of Mormon, wanted to take the lessons, and wanted to go to church! He officially considers himself "investigating the Mormon church." It was such a testimony builder to me. I have felt rather alone the last few weeks. I was having trouble feeling the Spirit, and nothing seemed to be happening although we were working hard. So having this spiritual prompting felt as good as a rain after a drought! I know that this is God's work. I know that there are lessons to be learned from every experience. I know and am so grateful to be part of "the work of angels" (Holland).
 
Last Saturaday, our plans fell through for the day, so Sister Stanley and I pleaded with the Lord for guidance on where we need to go. The same name came to both of us! We went to go see this family, but they weren't home. At first, we couldn't understand why we were prompted to go there, but we decided to make the best of it and knock the neighboring apartments. On the third door, we met Mark. He is married and has four kids and has that Mormon look. It was really cool because I just felt like I knew what I needed to say. Unfortunately, we weren't able to teach them then because they were about to leave, but they told us to come back next Saturday at the same time. I just know that the Lord prompted us to go to that apartment complex so we could meet Mark. I am still learning how to communicate to my Heavenly Father and I am learning how He talks to me. Developing a relationship with God is so important. I want to know Him, not just know of Him. I hope that I can say when all is said and done that I know the Master I served :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment