Dear family,
Bikes are the way to go! Where have those been all my mission?? We more than doubled our lessons and contacts! It is just so much easier to meet and to talk to people on a bike. Plus I think people feel bad that we have to bike in skirts and are just more willing to be friendly :)
We had exchanges this week. Sister Glauser came and worked with me in Charleston. It was exactly what I needed. I felt immediately comfortable with her and could just be myself. I feel like I have been love starved these last few weeks, and it felt so good to have someone value me for just me! Plus her first name is Lexi and she reminded me so much of you Lou! It felt like I had my real sista with me :) Thanks so much for all your advice! I think I just need to be more selfless and less prideful. So much easier said than done!
Things here on James' Island are going good. We are doing a lot of finding right now, since we had to drop a lot of our investigators. So our teaching pool is a bit slim. Missionary work is a whole lot like a roller coaster, highs and lows. I think we are in a bit of a slump right now, but they never last long so hopefully we can pull ourselves out of it soon. We taught a girl named Jenna this week. She is a devout Catholic, but loves talking about Christ and is willing to learn more. She is really sweet. I couldn't believe how willing she was to take a Book of Mormon, considering her background! She acts like a Christian ought to act. She invited us in immediately and was just so open and loving, even though she had finals for pharmacy school that week and could have used that as an excuse. Her actions spoke volumes. I serve in the Bible belt, and it is so sad that the people who are the rudest are the Christians. Atheists are usually the kindest! If I learned anything on my mission, it is the importance of kindness. We are all brothers and sisters. We have personal challenges and concerns. I would hate to be an additional stumbling block in another's life because of my attitude, language, actions, etc.
I love you all! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the letters!
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment