Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Hi y'all!
 
It was so good to see and talk with y'all again! I can't believe how big the boys got. They are little men! I bet they will both be taller than me when I get back. Gone are the days I could just pick them up and remove them from my room :)
 
Things are going good here in Charleston. The Elders' investigators, Sierra and Orlo, are getting married so they can be baptized on the 24th. It will be my first mission wedding! Sister Stanley is doing Sierra's hair, so clearly it is imperative that we attend :) I am really excited for them.
 
We had two really cool experiences with less-actives this week. We went down to Folly to visit a less-active named Julie. Her daughter and husband aren't members. She knows the church is true and her whole family is very active. I guess missionaries used to come to her home a lot and she didn't really like it, so we are trying really hard to develop a relationship with her first and being really personable. We had a break through on Friday night. We met her daughter, Lucy, for the first time, and she really liked us. She invited us to her yard sale/lemonade stand that she is having this upcoming Saturday. Lucy also read us/ sang us her favorite book. It really softened Julie's heart to see us take such an interest in her daughter and her activities. That is one thing that I have learned on my mission. People need to know that you love them. When they can sense the love we have for them, they know that we are there to help them and are so much more willing to act. We also went to another less-active's home named Sister Hoezel. She was in the middle of making dinner, so we washed our hands and got to work. You are now writing the newest connossiere of Vietnamese spring rolls. Sister Stanley and I got that wrapping down to a science! Well, kinda...
 
I really love that I get to meet so many people and that I get to love and serve so many. Gosh, it is just the best!
Sorry this letter is so short! The library is a madhouse today. But I love you all so much! I look forward to your letters and hope you all have the best week!
 
Love,
Sister Daniels
 
The SCCM mission mantra:
I love tough things.
I am the first to do tough things.
I do tough things first.
I'm a finisher.
I love being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment