Monday, April 7, 2014


Dear family,
 
Mona is getting baptized this Saturday! She had her baptismal interview yesterday, and she is all good to go! I just love knowning that I have made a difference in their lives and in their eternities. I have helped to save their souls!! I just feel as if this has given my life a purpose that is great and noble. I love being an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I hope that the Lord will put me in the path of those--like Michael and Mona--that I am perfetly suited to help. I feel like the Lord detoured me to South Carolina for them and that all my other areas helped to prepare me to be their missionary. I just feel like I clicked with them, especially Brother Pierce. Maybe he was one of my friends I promised to help in the pre-existence, Pops!
 
My new companion is Sister Stanley. She is from Las Vegas, Nevada and is a great missionary. She is very on purpose, which I love and she will take the lead in lessons which I also love. I have had to take the lead every time for so long, that this is such a relief!  Even though I am the senior companion, I feel like we are equally yoked and that the responsibility is on both of us. It is going to be an amazing transfer!
 
I loved general conference! Sister Stanley called it the "Super Bowl for Missionaries," and it is! We look forward to it for weeks. I really loved Elder Zwick's talk about communication. The importance of positive, uplifting conversations has really been highlighted on my mission. What we say has such a big impact on our Spirits and those of the people around us, especially our companions! Britain’s Ben Jonson said: “Language most shows a man. Speak, that I may see thee." Isn't that so powerful? I hope what I say will relect only what is good and what is virtuous. I have made it a personal goal to be more positive. I love what President Uchtdorf said: Set aside the bottle of bitterness and pick up the goblet of gratitude. I think I have been pretty good about this, but there is always room for improvement! Sister Stanley says that she loves how positive I am and that I am a great example to her, so hopefully I am on the right track!
 
I have really thought a lot about stories this week and how each of us have a story. How cool is it that I get to be a part of so many people's stories?? In the stories of some, I am only a minor character, like when they say they aren't interested or when they shut the door immediately, but in others I have been blessed to be a major character. In the eternal story of Michael and Mona I got to be their guide! What a cool role is that!! I just love the idea that God has a glorious story planned for each of us. Best-seller status! I am just so excited to see the Author of our lives and thank Him for the adventure story He has given me.
 
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I hope you enjoyed the package! I am so happy that I have been born of such goodly parents. No wicked step-mother for me! ;) I got lucky with you two!
Sister Daniels

Sharing a message with the ward mission leader's family about the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment