Dear family,
We had transfer calls on Saturday and I dodged the bullet! I get to stay in Charleston! I am so grateful. My dear Sister Davis is leaving me though. This means that I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday. I am a little nervous. This will be my eighth companion in eight months! Crazy, right?? That's more than many people get there whole mission! I love it though, because it is teaching me how to work with all different personality types and how to love all different types of people.
We had lunch with a less-active who is gradually returning into full activity. He is 48 and is desperate to get married. His prospects, however, are not too good. I am so frustrated with him though! The thing that really irks me is that he had a picture of model scantily clad in a bikini as his screen saver and he had the gall to show it to us, like he was trying to prove something! I was mad and disgusted and quite frankly wanted nothing to do with this lustful, supercilious ole codger in front of me! After this meeting, we came home and I angrily picked up the Ensign that I had been reading before and I read these words, " There is not one of us that He has not desired to save, and that He has not devised means to save. There is not one of us that He has not given His angels charge concerning. We may be insignificant and contemptible in out own eyes and in the eyes of others, but the truth remains that we are the children of God, and that He has actually given His angels--invisible beings of power and might--charge concerning us, and they watch over us and have us in their keeping." It felt like a slap in the face, an immediate reproof from God. He loved this man and He wants me to love him too. I had held this less-active in contempt, and I shouldn't have. He is a child of God, too, and the Lord wants to save him just as much as he wants to save me, or you, or Michael or Mona. It was a powerful lesson to me and one that I am not likely to forget!
Best news of all: Mona has finally, FINALLY agreed to a baptismal date! AHH! We had a lesson with her and Michael this week about temples. The Spirit was really strong, especially when we had a mini testimony meeting at the end of the lesson. Michael was struggling to put his thoughts into words, so Mona just jumped on in and bore her testimony for the first time! It was so sweet and pure. She talked about how good she feels when she comes to church, especially when she partakes of the sacrament. She talked about the Plan of Salvation and how she knows that it is true. I am just SO HAPPY! I feel like this email should be in all capital letters!
I love you all so much! It is hard to believe that it has been 8 months already. The half-way point is coming up so fast! I am so grateful to be a missionary. It is the best decision that I have ever made.
Love,
Sis Daniels
P.S. I did get to watch Women's Conference. It was amazing. It was so cute to see the daughters holding hands with their moms. I loved it. The video they showed reminded me just how fast life goes! It went through all the stages of being a daughter, then a mother, and finally a grandmother. I want to make sure I make every moment count and not waste time worrying about things that really just don't matter!
| The most interesting mailbox Morgan has ever seen! |
| Morgan at Battery Park |
No comments:
Post a Comment