Monday, December 9, 2013


Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the Christmas packages! I received both of them. You must have put so much thought into each of the gifts. My favorite so far is the Jane Austen journal! The nativity scene is a close second :) I am just so grateful for you all. I can't even tell you how much I love you!
This week has been amazing! I went to my first Mission Leadership Council, or MLC. MLC is a gathering of all the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, Traveling Sisters, and Assistants to the President in the South Carolina Columbia Mission. President Holm and Sister Holm were there as well.  I was a little bit nervous, since I don't feel very confident in my abilities as a leader. I still have so much to learn! But MLC was such a wonderful experience. I was so grateful that I was able to go and participate. There was such a strong spirit there and we all came out with that "fire in our bellies" and a sense of urgency to get to work!
A couple days later, Sister Brown, Sister Gearheart, and I gave a training in a Zone Training Meeting. It was my first training in front of so many people, but I had a prayer in my heart and my companions by my side so I wasn't too nervous. We really tried to have the Spirit be the teacher and follow Elder Bednar's question and answer technique. It was incredible to hear the experiences of those who were in attendance and the revelation they received during the training! I am learning more and more that the Spirit is the teacher. It doesn't matter how eloquent we are or how well we know the doctrine if we don't have the Spirit. I have worked really hard this week on being worthy to receive spiritual promptings and then acting on those promptings. Being on a mission has really helped me recognize how I feel the Spirit. I think it is a lesson that I will continue to learn throughout my life, as I strive to develop the relationship I have with my Savior. I am just so grateful for my mission and for all the lessons that I have learned and will yet learn.
I sent them that poor little tree and lights since I didn't have a lot of room in my box once all the gifts were included.  They made it cute and festive!

They have the tree on a pot so that you could see it from the window.  Such cuties

Morgan visiting Pauline Jackson.  She is 96 years old and going strong.  Morgn said she has the BEST facial expressions.  
I love you all so much!
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment