Tuesday, December 31, 2013



Dear family,
 
My, how I have missed you! I did really good during the Skype and held it together until I got to the house, but I have to admit I cried for a bit. It is so hard to be away from the people I love the most! It really cemented my resolve to get to the celestial kingdom though. There is no way I'm letting you five go without me! NO WAY!
 
I loved the gifts you all sent me! We actually said a prayer before we opened all our gifts. #missionary problems
It just feels wrong to do anything without a prayer first :)
 
Well, this week was a little bit crazy. We had THREE exchanges. I am just so grateful that I was called to be a sisters training leader for this transfer. It is exhausting, but I am learning so much. One exchange was with Sister Gale. She is a such a wonderful missionary. She actually welcomed me to South Carolina, when I first got here. (She was a Traveling Sister which is an equivalent to the Assistants to the President)  I admire her so much. She just radiates love and confidence. She says that her happiness and confidence come from knowing that she is a daughter of God and that nothing will ever change that. It was exactly what I needed to hear! 

Yesterday, we were leaving a less-active's home when we ran into William. He was just walking down the road, so we stopped and started to talk to him. He is so prepared! He said that he felt like his spirituality was stagnant. He had been praying for someone to help him grow closer to God. He said that he had no intention of leaving his house, but for some reason he felt he needed to go on a walk. It was on this walk that he met us! He said that God had sent us to him and that we were an answer to his prayers. I know that God is guiding this work. I know that there are people being prepared and who are prepared now for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God puts us in the right place at the right time!
 
I love you all so much. I pray for you daily.
Love,
Sister Daniels
 
P.S. I find out if I get my visa this weekend. I have a feeling that it is here and that I am heading out to Brazil! I don't know whether to smile or cry about it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment