Tuesday, December 17, 2013


Dear family,
 
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that Rachel's home caught on fire. I am glad that no one was hurt! I love that the whole community just reached out to help her and her family. She is such a great example of generosity. She was always so willing to help me out when I was at college, whether it was baking a cake or painting my fingernails, she was the girl to call! I think it is so wonderful that the picture of the Savior didn't melt. I know that God has a special plan for Aunt Rachel and her family! Do you have her email? Or the address of where she is staying? I would love to write her!
 
I loved the story of "Edith." Mom, that is such a great missionary opportunity! I know God lead you to her. Keep visiting her! You have such a wonderful way with people. I know you could be such a great, positive influence for her of the church!
 
Pops, I am so excited for your new calling! You are going to learn and grow so much and are going to be able to strengthen the faith of so many members. What an incredible opportunity!
 
Lexi, that picture of Grandpa is so good! You really captured his eyes and his smile. I love it! How did finals go?
 
So much happened this week! I don't even know where to start. We went to the temple. We went on two exchanges with other sisters, and we got to be in a parade! I've never been in a parade before. I don't like being in the center of attention, so in all honesty I was dreading it a little bit. But it turned out to be such a blessing! We had a truck that was decorated with garlands, wreaths, and big red bows. Bishop Christ of the Conway Ward even hooked up this stereo system to play Christmas songs. The Sisters passed out "Joy to the World" pass-along cards and held a huge banner with "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" on it in big block letters. The Elders rode around on their bikes passing out the cards. Someone said there was 10,000 people in attendance! We passed out at least 2,000 pass-along cards. We actually ran out before the parade ended! It was so crazy. I guess they are making a Youtube video of it, so maybe you can see me! I am wearing a green skirt and a black cardigan. It was really cute to see the little kids' excitement to have a picture of Jesus. People were so kind and many thanked us for the picture. Everyone turned the card over and looked at the back. I cannot wait to see all the miracles that will occur because of this!
 
We are teaching the Eaddy family, and they are so special! They are a family of 8. Natalie, the mother, told us that they have been reading the Book of Mormon as a family and that it has brought so many miracles into their lives. Since we have been meeting with her, she has been blessed with a job and she aced all of her accounting classes in college. She is giving all the credit to God and the Book of Mormon. Isn't that amazing?! Please pray for them that they will continue to have uplifting experiences and that she can get Sundays off of work!
 
I love you all so much! I love being a missionary. I love South Carolina.
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment