Monday, January 5, 2015

Dear family,
 
Happy New Years!!!!! This week we were on "lock down" New Year's Eve, so we had to be home by 7. It was really nice, because it gave Sister Law and I time to reflect on the past year and make some goals for the next one! Looking back on 2014, I can't believe how much has happened. I won't bore you with my reveries, but I'll tell you all about them when I get home! I really love New Years. It's my thrid favorite "holiday", only beat my Christmas and Easter (for fairly obvious reasons). I love the idea that we can have a completely new start, a new slate. We can make out of 2015 anything we want it to be and I am really excited for the potential that it holds!
 
Well, things are going good here in Simpsonville! Catelyn, our recent convert, is doing really good. She's reading the Book of Mormon every day and sharing the gospel with all of her friends. We've started teaching her the new member lessons, so we taught her the Plan of Salvation this week. She basically taught the whole thing herself. Her comprehension is just crazy. She's pretty concerned about the final destination of her parents and family and is working with them, so we hope we can start to teach the lessons soon!
 
This week we had an exchange with the Greenwood sisters. Sister Johnson came to Simpsonville to be with me and we saw so many miracles! She is an incredible missionary and works really hard! We talked to everyone we saw and tried to make every contact really count. I admire her a lot. She didn't want to go on a mission for the longest time because she is dyslexic and feels uncomfortable reading in front of others, but she overcame that reservation and has become a missionary powerhouse! The more exchanges I go on the more impressed I am with the sisters here. They each have a story and they each have their own weaknesses and strengths. It is amazing to watch the Lord take inexperienced youth and make them into bold, powerful missionaries. It's amazing to see Him do it with me.
 
I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week. Feel free to write handwritten letters, if you feel prompted :) I really enjoy them!
Love,
 Sis D

No comments:

Post a Comment