Things are going great here! We saw quite a bit of miracles! We saw our investigator, Hattie, this week. She is the sweetest! We were walking down the street one day and she opened her door and asked us to come in and teach her. It turns out she used to meet with the missionaries years ago and when she saw us walking down the street she remembered the feelings she had and thought God had given her a sign of sorts. So cool! She is really humble and has such a strong desire to learn.she even takes notes during the lessons!
Last monday, Sister Smith took us to downtown Greenville. It was so much fun! We just went exploring in an art gallery and checked out their waterfall park. Don't worry I got a lot of pictures!
We had a zone meeting this week and I was just overwhelmed with gratitude that I got to be a part of this and that I have been able to serve with all these wonderful sisters and elders! I feel such a comraderie with them. I'm going to miss that. I'm going to miss that a lot.
I love you all dearly! I'm sorry this email is so short. It was typed on a tablet :)
Love,
Sis D
Morgan sent us her last handwritten letter and it had trunks all over it! I think she wants to travel or she is excited to come home. In her letter she said that " I just want you to know that I love being a missionary. It wasn't always easy and I think I underestimated just how much of a sacrifice it was . It is hard getting wedding announcements and graduation announcements because it feels like everyone is progressing in life faster than me and I haven't moved. But then I think of the past 18 months and memories/images fly through my mind and I relive those 18 months in a moment. I think of the battles won, the tears I've shed, the love I've gained, the friendships I found, the personal discoveries, and the God I've served. Who knew so much could happen in a year and a half. I am so grateful that serving a mission was part of God's plan for me. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is God's church and that keeping the commandments of God will lead to a happy life here and eternal life in the world to come. I know through prophets and the Holy Ghost that I am a daughter of God and there is a glorious plan for all.
(I think she looks absolutely radiant!)

No comments:
Post a Comment