Dearest family,
Things in Dutch Fork are going GREAT! One of the less-actives that we met with this week came to church! His wife is an active and endowed member, but he has been inactive for awhile now. They also brought their niece, Migella, who isn't a member. She's Roman Catholic and is from Mexico, but is visiting for the summer. She's seventeen so she went to Young Womens. I think she liked it a lot :)
We found an old, white couple from Zimbabwe who had some cool acents. They weren't interested in the church but asked quite a few questions about us-our lives and plans. People are always fascinated by that for some reason. Probably because we are a "peculiar people" and what not :) We knocked on their neighbors and met a darling old lady who was born in Guatamala. She let us in immediately. She said that she is Catholic and plans to remain so, but she loves to learn especially if it has something to do with Jesus Christ. We introduced the Book of Mormon but she had a question about Christ visiting those in hell for the three days before the resurrection so we explained about the spirit world and about the plan of salvation. She enjoyed it thoroughly and is very exited for us to come back this week. She said her neighbor had recently committed suicide and she was worried about her attaining salvation but our message had comforted her. It is so cool because Sister Borgholthaus had already knocked that street before I came to Dutch Fork, but we felt prompted to do it again. I know that God is leading this work! I LOVE teaching the plan of salvation. Every time I do I am just amazed at the love there is behind it. The plan of salvation is set up for us to suceed. It is tipped in our balance. God gives us so many chances.
We did a service activity this week. We went over to Sister Kirby's {an elderly lady in the ward} and helped her to get her garage/dog house up and running. We were in charge of digging a FOOT deep trench from the garage to the electrical panel. NOT an easy job. The ground was mostly clay and really hard to get through. You would think with shoulders as wide as mine that I would have some upper body strength, but alas that is not the case...Sister Borgholthaus and I made slow progress, but the Elders came and sped the process up. It was kinda embarrassing, not gunna lie. On the plus side, I've started to run again. We had a pond behind our house with this delightful trail. So hopefully, I can get into a little bit better shape :)
The speaker in sacrament meeting said something that I really loved. He said," I don't like the word problem. I believe a problem is simply a challenge with the opportunity to suceed." Isn't that cool?! It's a shift in attitude. A "problem" or challenge or trial allows us to grow in ways we never would have otherwise. I've started to keep a gratitude journal and I write down something I am grateful for every day and a lot of the time the things that I am grateful for are "problems" and yet it is the lessons that I learned from it that made it such a blessing.
Anyway.
I LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment