Monday, January 13, 2014


Dear family,
 
I am a little stressed about the FBI clearance! I hope I can do everything right. I've heard that it takes another six weeks after submitting the FBI clearance, which sounds like I am going to have another transfer after this one to spent in South Carolina. I am beginning to lose the faith that I will ever get to Brazil!
 
We got our new companion this week! Her name is Sister Stout and she is from Provo, Utah. She is a tall, thin blonde girl and is a dancer. It is amazing how well we all get along already. I feel like we have been friends forever! She was a nanny for a Jewish family before she came out on her mission, and is going to try to teach us "I am a Child of God" in Hebrew. I can't wait.
 
I read the general conference talk, "The Strength to Endure," by Elder Mayes this morning. It says, "Brothers and sisters, we have a loving Heavenly Father who has designed our earthly existence so that we can individually learn the lessons that we need to learn to qualify for eternal life in His Presence." This thought is so simple and yet so profound! We progressed before we came here. Some of us mastered certain lessons, and others did not. Some people have a natural proclivity for patience, while others do not. God gives those people (myself included!) opportunities and experiences for us to develop that quality here. God created the plan of salvation for all of His children, but He also created an individual and specific plan for each and every one of His children to become their best selves. The experiences we have and the circumstances that we find ourselves in are all by design. We each have lessons to learn that are unique and specific to us. I just love this thought! He is making every one of us into a masterpiece, and every masterpiece will be unique and glorious in its own way. We learned in our Gospel Principles class that our personalities are everlasting. Who we are did not change when we passed through the veil. I think it is wonderful that our Heavenly Father brings out the best that is within us. He works with what we are and makes us the very best we can be. That I think is real love. He doesn't love just one type of people or just one personality. He loves them all, even the quirky ones or the ones who are sometimes difficult to get along with. And who knows? Maybe their end masterpiece will be the most glorious of them all! 
I love you all with my whole heart! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father put me in your care. You have helped shape me into the person that I am today and into the person that I am still becoming. I can't wait to read your talk, Pops. I think it will be perfect for the Berry family. I loved the quotes you shared. They made the quote book :) I also loved that excerpt you shared Mom. It was very thought provoking and I plan on studying it a lot. What is Mr. Cabaniss's email? I seem to have lost it. I hope his surgery goes well. Keep me posted! Lexi, I loved your letter. It had me crying in the library. I'm such a softy now! Geez, this wasn't supposed to happen until I was old! But I hope I can find your address and write you a letter... Would you send that to me again in case I lost it? I think it is in my address book but I'm not a 100% sure!
 
 
Love y'all
Sister Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment