![]() |
| Betty Rose showing off her "pocketbook" |
I just got transferred to a new area with a new companion. I had to say good-bye to my old companions, Sister Houston and Sister Jackson. It was so hard! I had grown really close to them over these past 5 weeks. It was also difficult to leave Florence. I didn't know just how much I loved it until I had to leave it. I am especially going to miss Betty. I don't know if I have told you about her or not, but she is a woman in her sixties that is on permanent investigator status. She loves the missionaries and calls us about seven times a day (not exaggerating). She calls for anything. In the last week she called because she wanted us to find her a ceramic witch and another time she called for us to pray for her to find her purple necklace! She is the sweetest thing though! She just loves so easily and so readily. She is almost child-like. Anyway we called Miss Betty Rose to tell her I was leaving. At the end of the conversation, I said, "Love ya Betty," like I always do. She usually responds, "Alright. Bye, bye," but this time she said "I love you" back! I just wanted to break down right there in Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I tried to hold things together. I just felt that my heart was breaking!

No comments:
Post a Comment